With the imminent release of the new episodes of Gilmore Girls on Netflix, you may be thinking a lot about Lorelai Gilmore and her infamous love of coffee. If you have a coffee addiction that rivals Lorelai's, then you may be wondering if there are ways to get your coffee fix outside of your usual mug (or five) of morning coffee. Luckily, there are many ways to incorporate coffee into your dining experiences. So, roll up your sleeves and get to cooking, or if you are like Lorelai, have your professional chef/best friend do so and give these coffee recipes a try.
Dreamy Dark Chocolate Truffles
If you are in the mood for something rich a decadent and jam-packed with chocolate (just like Lorelai likes), then these Dreamy Dark Chocolate Truffles are right for you.
What You Need:
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1/3 lb. dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/16 lb. (0.1875 lb) milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbs. light corn syrup
- 7 Tbs. heavy cream
- Additional dark chocolate, chopped (for Choco-Coffee Drizzle)
- Instant coffee or espresso powder (for Choco-Coffee Drizzle)
- 2 Tbs. whiskey
- Mix your chopped milk and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Add heavy cream and corn syrup in a medium saucepan and stir. Then, heat your stovetop to medium heat and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat and add in the coffee granules. Mix them thoroughly so they dissolve in the mixture.
- Pour your mixture over the chopped chocolate in the bowl. Stir the mixture gently to melt all of the chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Once cool, add in your whiskey and fold in gently. You will notice the mixture start to thicken. Do not over-stir.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, remove the bowl from the fridge and uncover. Roll mixture into balls and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet or platter. Cover in Choco-Coffee Drizzle (recipe below) if desired. Otherwise you can also coat in chopped nuts, confectioner's sugar, or candy coating.
If the coffee in these truffles is not enough, you can add another jolt to the chocolate you drizzle over the delectable truffles. This Choco-Coffee Drizzle is also excellent on ice cream, cakes, cookies, and on top of the whipped cream on those fancy coffee drinks you secretly love (just like Lorelai).
What You Need:
- 1/4 lb dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 to 4 tsp instant coffee or espresso powder
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or saucepan, making sure no water gets into the melted chocolate.
- Gently stir in instant coffee/espresso powder to taste.
- Pour mixture into pastry bag while still warm and drizzle over freshly formed truffles or other dessert or drink.
Now that you know just a few of the coffee recipes that you can try, you can get started right away and make sure that you are never without your beloved coffee. With these recipes in mind, you will be more than ready to channel your inner Lorelai Gilmore as you wait for the new episodes to be released.
To learn more, contact a company like Monin.